KC Management & Trading Services has executed the assignment as Group/Chief Procurement Officer on request of the Board Of Management of an international transport- and service company of high voltage electricity. This state owned company is active in the Netherlands and Germany for transport and transmission of high voltage electricity (Onshore/Offshore) and is managing also some international electricity connections. The actiivities and results in this period which have executed can be described as follows:
- Management of 2 procurement groups in the Netherlands and Germany (80 fte).
- Procurement of high capital investment materials, services and energy (6 billion Euro).
- Execution of 6 strategic procurement programs a.o. procurement technology, supplier management, new tender strategies and contract formats, organisational changes etc.
- Realised savings for the procurement of materials (> 40% compared to project budgets) and energy (> 20 mio euro)
- Change management on behalf the operational business units (asset management, system operations and grid services)
- Procurement of car lease, accountancy, consultancy, ICT and HRM services besides complex investment materials
- Procurement scan together with international consulting firms
- Benchmark with other international electricity-transportcompanies in Europe.
Oil & Gas, Energy and Chemicals
A multinational company with headquarters in Utrecht (Netherlands)providing knowledge based, asset integrity management services (like mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, inspection & testing, rental services and provision of rotating, electric and process equipment) for Oil & Gas, Energy and Chemical customers in the world.
Following activities have been executed:
- Management of the corporate procurement department for the company and related other subsidiaries acting as Chief Procurement Officer –reporting to the Board of Management – for a period of 2 years;
- Chairman of the X-divisional Procurement management team and member of the Procurement Board;
- Management of procurement processes for indirect spend (spend-, tender- and supplier management) for main categories ICT/Telecom, Transport & Packaging, HRM services, Flex labor, Professional Services, Energy, Facility Management, Travel & Lease Cars and Mechanical/Electrical parts);
- Transformation of the corporate procurement activities into a lead-buyer model;
- ICT projects related to procurement tools and supply chain solutions.
- Procurement project management.
Aerospace & Defense
A global company with headquarters in Papendrecht (Netherlands) providing design, assembly and maintenance activities for the aerospace and defense customers around the world.
Following activities have been executed:
- Management of the end-to-end supply supply chain (consisting procurement, operations and supply chain) for one year;
- Set Up and management of a Supply Chain Board – consisting of procurement- and operations executives – reporting to the Executive Board;
- Program management of strategic and tactical supply chain programs i.e.
- Development of a Supply Chain Management Strategy per business line
- Alignment with corporate functions
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Supply Chain management solutions for sales growth (including mergers & acquisitions)
- Procurement technologies
- Supplier Development / Management processes
- Working Capital management (inventory management)
- Visibility solutions for repair/exchange networks
- Procurement & Innovation/design programs.
- Business process outsourcing for Flex/HRM activities
Oil & Gas
A multinational drilling company with headquarters in Aberdeen (United Kingdom) and several regional offices in Germany, Dubai including several drilling locations worldwide. Following services have been provided:
- Interim management in Supply Management for a period of 9 months and managing the worldwide distribution locations and the inventory management/materials management team.
- Consultancy on inventory management, transport management, transport sourcing.
- Project management including sourcing of global transport in oceanfreight, airfreight and road transportation.
- Support related to IT applications like SAP.
- Reduction of inventory value of 40-45%.
- Reduction on transport costs of more than 20% as well as lead time improvement of 30%.
- Cash savings.
- Reduction of direct costs in Dubai and Germany due to restructuring.
- Introduction of professional supplier- and contract management.
A Dutch production company of specialized carton and paper, where consultancy services have been offered for the sourcing of transportation and the implementation.
- Savings of transport costs for ocean freight of 40%.
- Professional contract- and supplier management.
- Execution of a bench-marking study.
Paper & Graphics
A multinational American production company of paper, graphics, specialty tapes, office products and other related products with locations across Europe. Following services have been provided:
- Interim management for a period of 1 year in the field of Purchasing and Logsitics.
- Development of transport management strategy/ Commodity management
- Sourcing of European road transport with savings on transport costs of 10-20%
- Implementation of new suppliers and contracts.
- Realisation of cash savings.
- Project support for the implementation of transport management systems combined with MFG-Pro.
- Operational process improvements related to the delivery of products to customers.
A Dutch producer of movies, Music and books (including CD-s/DVD-s) with delivery to European customers through a fulfillment company. Service offering:
- Purchasing of parcel/express and road freight with savings on transport costs of 20-30%
- Realisation of cash savings.
- Execution of a benchmark study.
- Professional contract management.
This customer is a German company active in global freight forwarding and contract logistics. For the companies in the Benelux following services have been provided:
- Sourcing of transport (parcel/Express) from the Benelux countries with savings on transport costs of 30-40%.
- Professional contractmanagement.
- Consultancy on transport management systems.
- Set Up and Optimization of the Global After Sales & Service Supply Chain (Organisation, Systems, Structure and Service Providers) for spare parts distribution to installed base at
customers of Semiconductor equipment including outsourcing to Logistic Service Providers.
- Outsourcing of Semiconductors European Distribution Center in the Benelux to Logistic Service Provider including contract management.
- Outsourcing of a Semiconductors factory warehouse in the Philippines including inbound/outbound transportation and customs activities.
- Market study for import/export/distribution/customs of consumer electronics (FMCG) products to/from Sweden.
- Transport contracting for a High End Consumer Electronics brand in Europe.
- Introduction of global Freight Forwarding Concept across all regions for supply chains from vendor to factories and from factories to warehouses.
- Market study for transportation management solutions linked to SAP/R3 systems.
- Outsourcing of freight audit & pay activities to payment service providers.
- Implementation of e-tendering/auctioning tools for various commodities.
- Introduction of supplier management/vendor rating processes within Purchasing.
- Supplier selection and Implementation of central IT Connectivity for supply base.
- Set up of distribution arrangements for the mobile phone factory in Romania and France.
- Tendering of Pan Nordic distribution of electronics products.
- Corporate market study on 4PL Concepts (lead providers) for Supply Chains (X-divisional)
- Vendor selection and business case development for Consumer Electronics division.
- Vendor selection and business case development for Medical Spare Parts activities.
- Implementation of freight forwarding concept for Semiconductor equipment manufacturer.
- Global tendering of ocean freight/airfreight and parcel express freight.
- Project leader for European Distribution & Warehousing Concept for Consumer Electronics.
- Project on outsourcing of European Call Center activities for various divisions
- Project on implementation of RFID in Central Warehouse in the Benelux.
- GMP/GDP implementation (systems, procedures, clean-room development etc.) for application of pharmaceutical license in the Netherlands.
- Project on set up of Central European Customs Management organization and systems.
- Introduction of Commodity Management in Purchasing.
- Supply Chain Management & Purchasing projects for Oil & Gas company (transport sourcing, distribution network optimization, Supply Chain processes etc.).
- Sustainability Project on European Road Transport.
- Transport sourcing for Paper & Graphics and Paper/Carton companies in Europe.
- Project on SCM processes for a Retail company.
- Project for the set up of a new Distribution Center for pharmaceutical and medical products.
- Project for the set up of Supply Chain Structure for a Component Manufacturer in Czech Republic.
- Implementation of portal solutions for Transport Management in the field of Retail, Lifestyle products and Office products.
- Implementation and execution of operational and strategic benchmark processes.
- Implementation of Radio Frequency Solutions and Scanning equipment in Central Distribution Center.
- Market study and selection on transport management-, warehouse management- , customs management-, collaborative supply chain software and tools.
- Development and execution of vendor audits on global Technology & Consulting suppliers.
- Development and implementation of Strategic Supplier Relationship management in Electronics company.
- Development of swap & exchange programs for products like mobile phones and monitors.
- Development of Vendor Managed Inventory Concepts for Semiconductor business.
- Execution of Supply Chain Maturity Scan for electronics company.
- Implementation of inbound concept from suppliers to factories for e.g. Medical equipment.
- Global Compliance Program for Supply Chain Management (C-TPAT, FCPA etc.).
- Supply Chain Optimization (DC footprint) for FMCG products.
- Selection and implementation of supply chain planning – transport management applications (I2, SAP APO/TMS, etc.).
- ERP selection & training (SAP, Oracle, Baan, IFS, JD Edwards).